Monday, October 19, 2009
Crazy Busy!
I have had a very busy past few weeks. My supervising doctor has been out, so I picked up some extra days each week while also studying for the re-certification boards. Finally took the boards last week, and we hired a new Physician Assistant to help out at work, so now I can focus more on the family and getting ready for Lexie. At least I have already registered for necessities at Babies R Us, and we have painted the nursery. That is as far as we have gone though. We haven't been home much recently to do more. Last weekend we went to the Pumpkin Patch. 
Unfortunately it had rained, so we had a very cold and muddy experience. But that didn't phase Caleb too much. We did lose him in the "big kids" hay maze. Scary for both of us for a total of 5 minutes. But he felt much better after going through the "toddler" maze, where we could see him the entire time.
He also enjoyed the bounce houses and train ride he took with daddy.
The funniest part was watching him pick out the pumpkins.
He took that role very seriously this year.
Wednesday we took Caleb to the Circus in Ft Worth. He was so excited watching the tigers do their tricks and the acrobats on the ropes. At one point he turned to me and said "mommy I want to go and do that", I explained how they had to practice often in order not to fall, he said " I can hold on tight so I won't fall".
He almost headed down to the arena during the show.
He did get to ride the elephant during intermission. He loved it!
I am worried he may want to join the circus now.
Then this past weekend we headed to Lubbock for my nephews', Logan and Dylan's, birthday. We partied at Mr Gatti's, eating pizza and playing lots of games. Grandma even rode the "rollercoaster" with Caleb. That was amusing!
The boys had a wonderful time together and it gave me a chance to see my old college stomping grounds. 
Now we really need to get prepared for our new little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment