Sunday, May 23, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge

Well it was a very busy week last week. We started out with a mini- family vacation at Great Wolf Lodge. When we first arrived, I think we were all overwhelmed by the size of the water park just off the lobby window. It was an amazing place for really all ages, but especially the kids. Caleb was ready to get to the pool of course, but we persuaded him to get settled in the room first. The room had a "kidcamp" theme for the kids bed area. It had a bunk bed with a cabin decor, TV, and Nintendo set up. Caleb was thrilled. Once we made it to the pool area I'm not sure who was more excited Caleb or Greg. They took off to enjoy the huge fort and slides while Lexie and I dipped our feet in the toddler pool. Greg and I switched off throughout the weekend so we could all enjoy the various pools and water slides. The wave pool was Caleb's favorite, though I enjoyed the lazy river where we could lounge and let the water take us along. The big slides were pretty awesome too, which was Greg's favorite. Greg and I got to enjoy those, unfortunately Caleb wasn't quite tall enough which made him sad. But he had plenty of scary slides to go down himself. Lexie wasn't quite sure about the water and all the noise the first day, but on the second day she enjoyed jumping in the shallow water. She was a trooper and loved watching big brother most of the trip. Besides the water, we signed up for the MagiQuest game played throughout the resort. It's hard to explain, but basically you buy and activate a wand and then master different levels of the wizards game. You can activate treasure boxes, pictures, and various table settings with just a wave of the wand. It was way cool! What was really funny though is how many Mom's and Dad's were wandering the different floors to master their kids game. It was great for all ages. We all enjoyed playing with the wand. On the second day of our stay, Greg gifted me with an hour massage from their spa. It was wonderful and much needed! We then spent some time playing games in the arcade and even enjoyed story time each night after the "animals" put on a little show. Caleb had a blast, and was completely worn out after the second day of swimming. When we finally made it home Greg and I agreed we could have used an extra day to rest after our vacation.

No comments: