Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve we headed to Stephenville to Greg's brothers house.
We had a wonderful time catching up with everyone. The kids were spoiled with gifts. Caleb and Lex enjoyed playing with their cousins. They eventually took a break to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoy cake in His honor. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve feast before heading to Church to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. Then we headed home and put the kids to bed so we could help Santa put out all the gifts.
Caleb decided Santa would like donuts instead of cookies so we set out a plate of donuts and milk by the fireplace. In the middle of the night while we were still "helping" Santa put the kitchen together, Lex woke up and would not go back to sleep.
So she got to try out the toys first, and really enjoyed her new kitchen. The next morning the kids actually slept until 8 a.m., thank goodness. Caleb ran into the living room once we gave the ok and tore into the presents.
Lexie got to see the rest of her surprises Christmas morning too.
When I asked if he liked his kitchen and other toys from Santa, Caleb said "yes, I already know I got these. It was on my list to Santa." I did get to actually surprise him with some of the gifts not on Santa's list at least.
We enjoyed playing with all our new "toys".Even Greg and I got a few surprises. Greg got me my elliptical machine I've been wanting, though left me a mean note if I peaked.
He got his hunting supplies.
Later we headed to Grandma Teri's for more presents and fun.Caleb and Lexie enjoyed the hide and seek bunny they got from Grandma Teri.
Aunt Sammie was there for hugs and kisses too.
Lexie helped herself to a yummy candy cane.
We had a very Merry Christmas! I'm sad the holiday season is over.

No comments: