Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope everyone is enjoying the start to the new year. We have obviously stayed low key with the kids, so not any exciting outings of late. Though Caleb continues to keep us entertained with his witty banter. He continues to visit "time out" fairly often for his smart remarks he loves to make. Thanks to Uncle Rhett, he tries play off his rude pointing finger into the beginning of the Longhorn's sign and suddenly says "Go Longhorns", then "Uncle Rhett started it." He also likes to mimic some of our sayings, but uses them most rudely. The other night Greg told him he had to eat all his dinner before getting dessert, and Caleb replied "I have to eat all this food? Are you kidding me?" I tried not to laugh while correcting his comment. He also loves to say "whatever mom" in response to something asked of him, which always lands him a trip to Time Out. He does have his sweet moments too of course, but often these are a weapon of manipulation when he wants something. It didn't take me long to catch on to the ruse. But it is hard to say no to his angelic face when he says "I love you Mommy", just before he asks for his treat of course. I am in for lots of trouble in the future. I'm more worried about having two little manipulators in the coming years. Greg and I won't have a chance.
Lex continues to grow at an alarming rate. At yesterday's weight check, she weighed 11 lbs and 2 oz. I do have "healthy" babies. Those of you who love to, will definitely be able to pinch those chubby cheeks. She is starting to show some of her personality, especially with Daddy. She loves to laugh at his various funny faces. Caleb continues to be "very helpful" with her care as well. Always willing to hold her hand while I change her diaper. (He decided helping me change her diapers were gross.)
Here are some pics from Grandma Teri and Aunt Sammie's visit. Caleb thoroughly enjoyed entertaining our guests for the duration of their visit.

No comments: