Yesterday was my day off this week, which ended up being a good thing since we were called to pick up Caleb early Monday. He started vomiting at school that afternoon and was running a fever. We felt bad since he told us that morning he should stay home because he was sick. But he was acting normal otherwise without a fever at the time, so I had Greg tell the teacher to keep an eye on him so we could pick him up if he really was acting sick. Well I guess he was right, poor guy. He ran a fever close to 102 all night, it wouldn't break and he couldn't keep anything down so he was very dehydrated. Every time I tried to talk him into trying a sip of something, he blamed whatever he ate or drank as the culprit to his throwing up. I finally had to pretend Pediolyte was "magic juice" to help him feel better. Tuesday morning he finally stopped throwing up around mid morning, and his fever started to dissipate. He kept bringing me the thermometer to scan his forehead and "see if he was still sick". It was difficult keeping him quarantined upstairs, while taking care of Lexie downstairs. So much for a day off. In the afternoon Greg came home early to stay with Caleb so I could take Lex to the ENT. He, not surprisingly, said we should get tubes. Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sickness Strikes Again
Yesterday was my day off this week, which ended up being a good thing since we were called to pick up Caleb early Monday. He started vomiting at school that afternoon and was running a fever. We felt bad since he told us that morning he should stay home because he was sick. But he was acting normal otherwise without a fever at the time, so I had Greg tell the teacher to keep an eye on him so we could pick him up if he really was acting sick. Well I guess he was right, poor guy. He ran a fever close to 102 all night, it wouldn't break and he couldn't keep anything down so he was very dehydrated. Every time I tried to talk him into trying a sip of something, he blamed whatever he ate or drank as the culprit to his throwing up. I finally had to pretend Pediolyte was "magic juice" to help him feel better. Tuesday morning he finally stopped throwing up around mid morning, and his fever started to dissipate. He kept bringing me the thermometer to scan his forehead and "see if he was still sick". It was difficult keeping him quarantined upstairs, while taking care of Lexie downstairs. So much for a day off. In the afternoon Greg came home early to stay with Caleb so I could take Lex to the ENT. He, not surprisingly, said we should get tubes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad to hear that tubes are in your future! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment