Last night we decided to go to On the Border for dinner. In Caleb's almost 4 years, we have never had a problem with him touching anything hot when we warned him not to until last night. Our fajitas came out smoking as usual and Greg reminded Caleb not to touch the plate because it's hot. Lately Caleb has been testing all the limits, seeming to always do what we tell him not to do. So of course he needed to touch the plate, well I don't think he'll test that out again. He had a nice blister pop up on his finger and poor foolish thing was in tears for a long while before it would stop burning. He basically kept his finger in cool water the entire dinner. Today was my day off with the kids. We enjoyed sleeping in until 7:40 this morning. Lexie is fighting another ear infection of course, so has been fussy and unhappy this week. I can't wait for the tubes. I just hope they do the trick. Luckily today she was more herself and enjoyed playing with big brother and all her many toys in the living room.

Her favorite place seems to be on the lower level of the coffee table. She always heads under there once we put her down to roam.

We had swim lessons at 9a.m. so I had to hurry and get the kids dressed and fed. I asked Caleb to hurry and eat his breakfast, and he very seriously tells me "ok mommy, but cartoons make me eat faster so turn on cartoons so I can eat really fast." Very clever little guy, but actually the opposite is true. He takes forever to eat if he's distracted by cartoons, but he was too cute to disappoint. After swim the kids and I headed to look for Greg's birthday present. I asked Caleb what we should get for Daddy and he said " Not a toy, he wouldn't like a toy. How about a worker's thing." Me: Like what? Caleb:" A shovel so he can dig for buried treasure. And a motorcycle with a helmet. But he has to go fast, because it's safe if he goes fast. If he goes slow he could get hit by a car." Wow. The things that goes through his head.

Here are some pics when Dax and his parents came to visit. Lexie was a true bully to poor Dax. She kept stealing his toys since he couldn't move away from her.

I'm sure he'll get her back once he gets mobile though.

No comments:
Post a Comment