Sunday, January 16, 2011

Erin's Wedding

One of my younger cousins, Erin, was married this weekend. We had been looking forward to her wedding since it is rare we get to see the whole extended family. Unfortunately, Caleb came down with the flu Friday. He was so sad he missed the wedding since he loves to dance. And he missed out on playing with his cousins, Logan and Dylan. Greg volunteered to stay home with him so Lex and I could go to the wedding. I met up with my Mom and sisters at the hotel.
It was a beautiful wedding. Though I lost Lexie among the pews while we were waiting before the ceremony. I turned around and she was gone, I thought she would head down the aisle but I did not see her. And we looked for a good minute before we realized she had been crawling under each chair toward the front and had almost made it to the alter. It was hilarious. After the ceremony, we headed to the reception dinner and dance. The kids stayed upstairs with a babysitter to play, so I had the chance to mingle and catch up with family.
I got to see my aunts and uncles and lots of cousins I hadn't seen in a while.The band started up after dinner and we took to the dance floor.
We had such a wonderful time.My Mom even showed us up on the dance floor. Mike, brother -in-law, came down sick before the reception so only Rhett, my last brother-in law, was available to escort us girls. I don't think he had a problem with that.
It was wonderful to get to see everyone and hope it won't be too long until we get together again.
When I got home I found Caleb had made a quick recovery thanks to Tamiflu. He was thoroughly spoiled by Daddy with lots of movies and games so wasn't too sad about missing the wedding after all.

No comments: