Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas!
Caleb and I had a Santa sighting last night. Daddy missed it, but Caleb filled him in on all the details this morning. Right after Caleb went to bed, I heard Santa downstairs so I ran to get Caleb. He was so excited when I told him, but I warned him to be quiet so Santa didn't know we were watching.
Caleb held onto the balcony and watched in wonder, though he did run back in his room once when Santa said "Ho, Ho, Ho." But then we watched Santa eat the cookies we had left him and drop off the presents before going up the chimney. (Though if you tell Caleb this he will say"no, not chimney, Santa goes up the fireplace.")
Then off to bed Caleb went with a smile on his face. "I saw Santa, mommy", and then as I tucked him back in, he said " wake me mommy". I guess he thought Santa might come back again. We actually got to sleep in to almost 8am this morning which was great, at least he isn't waking us at 5am yet wanting to see what Santa brought. As we took him downstairs this morning, he looked down and saw his Triceratops dinosaur. "Santa brought my dinosaur!" he yelled. And right away ran to his new friend.
After that every other gift he shared with his "ceratops". "Here you go" as he sat one of his two puzzles in front of the dinosaur. 
Then we had a wonderful pancake breakfast and enjoyed a leisure morning together.
Later since the weather was perfect, we took Caleb to the park to play for a while.
He ended up getting a black eye after he fell on some steps, but otherwise we had a wonderful time out. 
Then it was time to prepare Christmas dinner. Greg and I baked our first turkey this year, and it turned out great. We were so excited! We had a delicious dinner and tons of left over food. It was a great end to a wonderful Christmas day. I hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun! What a cute idea to have Santa come and visit! I still cannot believe that you have a dinosaur in your house now....Caleb certainly looks like he's going to have fun with that.
Post a Comment