Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sixth Sense

I was so glad today was my day off since the weather was so nasty and cold. Caleb and I got up at our usual 7:30a.m., and snuggled up with our breakfast to watch cartoons. I didn't want to take a chance on the roads as the day went on, so we entertained ourselves with his numerous toys. He typically loses interest rather quickly with any particular toy, so we alternated many throughout the day. Our first activity required me to put together an entire race track for his cars; we bought this over the weekend and Caleb and Greg had the entire track set up. But since we must keep the house picked up for potential showings, it was any multiple pieces again. Needless to say it was very frustrating when he only found 10min worth of interest in the project after completion. Here are some pics of him and daddy this weekend playing with his new racetrack. We also had to put together his train tracks, color multiple pictures, "fix" things with his tool set, and so the day went. At least we stayed busy. At lunch I came in to find Caleb talking to his chair. When I asked him if that was the case, he said "no, I talking to the boy." When I pursued the topic, he said " the boy way up there" as he pointed to the ceiling. Now either my son has an imaginary friend or a sixth sense. Greg seems to think it's the imaginary friend, I'm worried our house is haunted! At our nightly bedtime ritual, we read 2 books, and sing 2 songs. We recently bought Caleb an Old McDonald Book that he just couldn't live without when he found it in the store. It seems to be a current favorite, though we usually always sang the song anyway. The last few nights he has preferred daddy "read" the book along with him, and when I try to join in the song, he places his fingers over my mouth and says "no singing mommy". I really didn't think I was that bad.