Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crazy Weekend!

Grandma came in for the weekend to help me with Caleb while Greg was away. We had a very busy weekend. I had to work Saturday morning, but then Grandma and Caleb met me in Keller to look at some houses with our realtor. We found some potential homes, but it was a long, hot afternoon. Caleb was very helpful, giving a very strong opinion on which houses he liked and disliked. It seems if they had a playset in the yard or animals, the house was a success. I was looking forward to return home and rest, but unfortunately a two hour showing was scheduled just before we were to get home. So we detoured to the mall to let Caleb play at the indoor play area, and so I could get some clothes that would fit my growing waist. I took Grandma out to dinner for being such a great help, then we finally made it home. Needless to say we were exhausted. While I was tucking Caleb in, which is usually a drawn out ordeal, he gave me one hug and kisses then said "I don't want to talk Mommy, I'm going to sleep." Grandma and I shared a good laugh over that comment. After a messy breakfast at IHOP today, we headed to Kohls. Caleb decided it would be fun to run in and out of the clothes to hide from us when he tripped and bumped his head on the base of one of the clothes stands. I was never so scared when he pulled his hand away from his head and it was covered in blood. We ran to clean it up and inspect the wound further and luckily found it was just a small puncture wound. It probably could have used one staple, but he had already stopped crying and the ER would have been more traumatic, so we chose to just let it be. Boys! He will be the death of me. I am glad Greg is coming home today.

1 comment:

GGG said...

Oh no! Glad to hear that Caleb's head is okay. Thank goodness for Grandmas, huh?