Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Exciting news, we finally had a decent offer on our house and are almost through the option period. Pray we make it all the way through closing, July 21st. But instead of looking for a house like we should have this weekend, we went out of town for a sort of family reunion. I'm glad we did, it was fun catching up with extended family. Caleb really enjoyed playing with his various cousins and of course swimming. It wouldn't be normal if we didn't have multiple plans over a single weekend. We had to make it back Sunday afternoon for Caleb's best friend, Lucas's birthday party. Caleb and Luke have been best buds at daycare for the last 2 years. I am sad Caleb will be losing his friends with this move, but I know he will make more great friends. Today was crazy hair day at school so Greg helped Caleb perfect his hairdo. When I picked him up, he dragged me over to where snow cones were being handed out for a nice cold treat before heading home. They have so much fun at school! Caleb is very perceptive though because on the way home he said "That's my school mommy, but I'm going to a new school. It's far, far away." At least he didn't sound disappointed. While tucking him in to bed tonight, we asked Caleb if he was ready for a big boy bed and if his old bed could go to the baby. Caleb became very concerned, "this is my bed, and this is my elephant, my puppy, and my blanket." I think he is going to be in for a rude awakening when the baby comes. Poor Caleb.

1 comment:

GGG said...

The nice thing is, they adjust really quickly. Teresa was always my "helper" with everything, and she loved that.